In the February 2022 print edition, the cover story featured the 40+ Double Dutch Club. The group of 40 and over women formed here, holding their first jump rope session on the Homewood-Flossmoor High School parking lot. The group has become a phenomenon, with chapters across the nation and in several other countries.
Other stories included:
- The demolition of the home built by NBA player Ken Norman.
- Dylan Parry’s annual pop tab collection to benefit Ronald McDonald House.
- Flossmoor created a liquor license for Cork Gaming & Wine.
- Two H-F High students named Posse Scholars.
- Latoya Glover announced as winner of Homewood Chevy Cares free car contest.
- Flossmoor couple appears on TV show “Shark Tank.”
- An update on H-F Ice Arena repairs.
- H-F High’s “Pursuing the Dream” program honoring Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy.
- A photo page capturing scenes from Flossmoor’s MLK Day of Service events.
- The community’s response to the new Omicron variant of COVID-19.
- A feature on new shop Blue Pearl Candle.
- District 153 approves contracts for building improvements.
- District 233 approves contracts for administrators.
- H-F High to implement plan to reduce racial disparities in disciplinary matters.
- Coyote Run breaks the record for rounds of golf played.
- A feature on H-F High wrestler Vincent Robinson.
- A feature on H-F High basketball player Lee Marks III.