Prairie State College (PSC) reopened on Monday, Feb. 6, after being closed for eight days after a transformer fire in the main campus basement. The fire was discovered Saturday, Jan. 28, at around 9:40 a.m. A fire alarm sounded, and the building was evacuated. The PSC Police Department and Chicago Heights Fire Department discovered the origin from a failed transformer. The fire department was able to quickly extinguish the fire, but power to a large portion of the building was lost. The PSC Facilities Department got to work quickly to locate a generator and replacement transformer . . .
You have reached content available exclusively to Homewood-Flossmoor Chronicle digital subscribers.