Uncategorized

H-F Park Board extends medical insurance coverage

Patches, cracks and potholes dot the length of a section 
of 183rd Street in Homewood and Hazel Crest that is 
slated for resurfacing this fall. 

(Photo by Eric Crump/HF Chronicle)

Area motorists who use 183rd Street on the west side of Homewood might want to find alternate routes from now until mid-November.

Road construction will begin soon on 183rd Street from Sacremento Avenue in Homewood to Pulaski/Crawford Avenue in Hazel Crest, according to the Homewood e-Newswire published Wednesday, Aug. 26. The project had been slated to begin this week, but there’s been a delay, according to Homewood Public Works officials.

The project will include concrete pavement patching and asphalt resurfacing. Work is scheduled to be completed by Nov. 13.
  
The project will also include  curb and sidewalk repair, extensive concrete pavement patching, median removal, concrete pavement edge milling,  leveling binder, driveway apron removal and replacement,  new hot-mix asphalt surface course, pavement marking, traffic signal detector loop replacement and any other incidental and collateral work necessary to complete the project, according to Homewood officials.

This section of 183rd Street will remain open throughout construction; however, motorists should expect lane reductions and delays when traveling through the work zone.  

The project is being done under an intergovernmental agreement between Homewood and Hazel Crest. Federal funding will pay for 80 percent of the $3.1 million project cost. Homewood and Hazel Crest will split the remaining 20 percent, with Homewood contributing  32 percent of the local portion, or $226,763. The money will come from Motor Fuel Tax revenue. 

Any questions about this project should be directed to the Homewood Village Engineer Max Massi at 708-206-3470.

Community Calendar

News by email

Subscribe to The Latest (daily headlines email)

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Free weekly newsletter

Subscribe to The Weeks (weekly newsletter)

* indicates required
Most read stories this week