Homewood Stories will offer five storytellers telling first-person true stories for the program on Tuesday, Nov. 21.
The doors at the Community House at 847 Hutchison Road in Flossmoor open around 6:30 p.m. Seating is first-come, first-served for the 7:30 p.m. show. Guests are welcome to bring food and drinks.
Guest presenters are:
- Betty Milord of Joliet who has been part of storytelling shows across the Chicago area.
- Tom Dobrez of Flossmoor who started his radio broadcasting work at Homewood-Flossmoor High. He has owned radio stations and hosted the podcast “Cool Radio Stories.”
- Megan Wells is an award-winning story and theater artist who performs in museums and symphonies, entertains children and families at festivals and libraries and helps others craft powerful stories to effect change.
- Errol McLendon is a two-time Moth Radio winner and was one of six people selected to tell his story at the National Storytelling Festival in Jonesborough, Tennessee.
- Dr. Karen O’Donnell, Homewood Stories producer and storyteller.
Tickets are $15 in advance and can be purchased online. Tickets at the door are $20.