Homewood Stories will present five storytellers at its 7:30 p.m. show on Tuesday, July 18, at the Flossmoor Community House, 847 Hutchinson Road in Flossmoor..
Guest presenters for this show are:
- Francesca Sorber, a storyteller, writer, teacher and actor who has presented on the Moth Radio series and won numerous times in its Slam competitions.
- Nestor Gomez, who came to Chicago from Guatamala. He has won 70 Moth Slams. Gomez is the creator of “80 Minutes Around the World,” a show featuring stories of immigrants, refugees their descendants and allies.
- Jay Heiferman has lived in Homewood since 1968. He has been a Homewood village trustee for 15 years and is a founding board member of the Homewood Science Center.
- Rhonda Reed is a storyteller, attorney and grandmother who has participated in The Goodman Theatre’s GeNarrations program since 2014.
- Karen O’Donnell is the producer and host of Homewood Stories, as well as a local dentist who gives her patients homemade fudge.
Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Doors open around 6:30 p.m. Guests are welcome to bring their own beverages, dinner, snacks, etc. There is no food or beverage service for this event. There is musical entertainment before the show.
For additional information, and to purchase tickets online, go to the show webpage.