Creating a legacy, making a difference. That’s the most succinct way to describe the work the past 100 years by members of the National Council of Jewish Women South Cook Section.
Times have changed since the section was founded in Chicago Heights in 1921. Members of the Ladies Aid Society of the Beth Israel Synagogue decided they wanted to work at new endeavors and organized themselves as a South Cook section of NCJW. Later there would be a Lincolnway section founded in the 1949. It was active until about 1980 when it merged with South Cook . . .