Homewood’s $22.5 million budget for 2021-22 is expected to end up with a $75,000 surplus if all goes according to plan. The village board meeting Tuesday will begin with a public hearing to present the budget and allow the Board of Trustees to hear any public input on it.
In addition to voting on the budget, the board has a busy agenda that will include the ceremonial changing of leadership at the Homewood Police Department. Former Chief Bill Alcott retired at the end of February, and new Chief Denise McGrath was officially sworn in and has been on the job since, but the ceremony marking the occasion was deferred until now.
Two new deputy chiefs, Robert Misner and Kelly Strayer, will be sworn in for their new roles. Officer Steven Brandenburger will be sworn in as sergeant, replacing Strayer in that role.
In other business, the board will consider
- The renewal of scavenger licenses for six businesses.
- An ordinance ratifying all actions taken at the April 13 board meeting.
- A bid award for tree trimming and removal work.
- A bid award for concrete flatwork.
- A bid award for asphalt purchase.
- A bid award for custodial services.
- A bid award for crushed limestone.
- A contract renewal for uniforms and floor mats.
- A contract renewal for street sweeping services.
- A contract renewal for pavement marking.
- A contract for electrical renovation at the Homewood Science Center.
- A liquor license request for Riviera Cantina, formerly Vida Tacos.
Anyone can submit written comments to the trustees by email at [email protected] or by leaving written comments in the dropbox in front of the village hall. All comments received by 4 p.m. Tuesday will be distributed to all trustees.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. and members of the public can attend in person or remotely. Anyone attending in person will be required to wear a face covering, and capacity in the board room will be limited to allow for physical distancing.
To access the meeting remotely:
Dial-in only: (312) 626-6799.
Zoom: Go to zoom.us, click “Join a Meeting.”
Meeting I.D.: 961 6038 1330.
Meeting Password: 292 310.