At the board meeting Tuesday, trustees will consider changing the zoning map to designate the site at 2207 183rd St. as PL-2, Public Land and Open Spaces. The site is currently zoned B-1, Central Business District. The zoning ordinance amendment would also explicitly allow operation of an animal shelter and adoption center by a non-profit corporation as a special use in the PL-2 zone.
The board will consider a separate measure to grant a special use permit for SSHS to operate at the site.
SSHS announced early in January that a benefactor had given the building to the organization. The organization is conducting a fundraising campaign to help with renovations.
In other business, the board will consider:
- Annual reports from the village Tree Committee, Green Committee, Firefighters Pension Board and Police Pension Board.
- A measure to authorize the addition of three part-time police officer positions.
- A measure concerning the regulation of shopping carts.
- A bid for concrete flatwork.
- An ordinance authorizing the sale of surplus property.