Homewood trustees will consider a measure Tuesday to sell a 2.63 acre parcel of land on the east side of Ashland Avenue to Waterloo Railway Company.
The company, a subsidiary of Canadian National Railway, plans to use the land to expand CN’s adjacent Regional Operations Center. The land is on the western edge of the Izaak Walton Nature Preserve.
In other business, the board will consider:
- Allocating state Motor Fuel Tax revenue to purchase rock salt for treating streets this winter.
- A liquor license request from the new owner of Asian Harbor, Jie Shun Inc.
- A parking variance for a hair salon at 18350 Kedzie Ave.
- An update to the village’s sexual harrassment policy to account for a recent change to state law.
- An amendment to the village ordinance governing registration of solicitors to include a requirement to supply fingerprints.
- A budget amendment to adjust bond payment appropriations.
- A motion to appoint Geraldine Piepenbrink to the Beautification Committee and Jim Kvedaras to the Cook County South Suburban Mass Transit District.
The board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in village hall, 2020 Chestnut Road.