Harry Hammock took the oath of office at the Homewood board of trustees meeting Tuesday, Nov. 25, officially becoming the village’s utility supervisor.
Public Works Director John Schaefer announced the appointment and read a resolution detailing Hammock’s training and accomplishments before Village Clerk Marilyn Thomas administered the oath.
In other business, the board approved bills totaling $551,217.88. Of those, the payment of about $335,000 to the City of Harvey for water was the largest single item.
The board also approved
- the reappointments of Maureen Guger and Regina Zohfeld to the Tree Committee,
- a resolution to authorize LED traffic signal upgrades,
- a raffle license for the Parish of St. Joseph.
- a sign variance for Touched by Angels at 18222-18234 Halsted St.
- budget amendments and transfers related to the 2014 general obligation bond and capital improvement projects.
The next board of trustees meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 9, in Village Hall, 2020 Chestnut Road.