HOMEWOOD BREWING VIDEO — Everyone who travels Dixie Highway in downtown Homewood has been able to watch progress all summer on the construction of Homewood Brewing. Now there’s a video by Powering Chicago showing the inside and including comments by contractors and by co-owner Carmela Wallace. The craft brewery and restaurant is expected to open in the spring of 2024.
FREE BUSINESS CONSULTING — The Southland Development Authority is hosting a business consulting workshop Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in Hazel Crest village hall, 3601 183rd St. Hazel Crest Mayor Vernard Alsberry will be the keynote speaker. SDA will offer information and advice on a range of business issues, including access to capital, accounting, legal assistance, marketing, operations, growth strategies, supply chain, real estate and more.
THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE — Open Access provides complete Thanksgiving meals to 1,000 area families in need. Local businesses help create those meals by collecting non-perishable food items. Monetary donations can be made at the website until Nov. 21. Food donations can be made until Nov. 11 at the following businesses and organizations:
- First Reformed Church, 15924 S. Park Ave., in South Holland — stuffing.
- Abbott’s Printing, 611 E 170th St., South Holland — green beans.
- Redbird Café, 2057 Ridge Road, Homewood — corn bread.
- Serendipity Yoga, 18300 Dixie Highway, Homewood — corn bread.
- Cancer Support Center, 2028 Elm Road, Homewood — all the sides.
- Homewood Science Center, 18022 Dixie Highway, Homewood — all the sides.
- Loulou Belle, 2049 Ridge Road, Homewood — green beans.
- Jonathan Kane Salon, 18065 Harwood Ave., Homewood — boxed potatoes.
CANDY COLLECTION — Anyone who has extra Halloween goodies looking for a home, the Flossmoor Community Relations Commission will be collecting items for the Manteno Veterans’ Home on Nov. 25, Small Business Saturday, at Park Place in Flossmoor Park. Small candy bars, sugar-free hard candy, cereal bars and individually packaged chips and cookies are welcome.