The Flossmoor School District 161 Board of Education honored the Parker Junior High School state track meet participants at its May 22 meeting. The student athletes competed in the IESA state track meet on May 19 and 20 in East Peoria.
The students who qualified to participate in the meet include:
- Girls Long Jump: Kaiya Collier, MaLeah Mitchell, and Khloe Daniels.
- Girls 1600: Abigail Mullin.
- Girls 4 x 100: Fallon Alsberry, K. Faith Brown, Zoey Ratliff, Khloe Daniels, and Alessaundra Orr.
- Boys 4 x 100: Karter Pillows, Magic Little, Martez Harding, Xavier Pratt, and Francis Ajaere.
- Boys 4 x 200: Chris Sally, Jeffrey Cade, Kolby Daniels, Michael Tillman, and Uriah Davis.
The Parker athletes competed against students from all over the state and achieved some impressive results. Collier won first place in the long jump, the girls 4X100 relay team finished in sixth place, and Daniels finished in second place in the 100m dash.
The coaches congratulated the athletes on their success from hard work and dedication.