The Flossmoor Police Department has received reports that two businesses in the 3000 block of Vollmer Road were burglarized.
The initial burglary occurred during the early morning hours of Tuesday, April 11, while the second incident occurred during the early morning hours of Friday, April 14. The offenders forced entry to each business by breaking the glass of the main entrances. The suspects targeted cash registers to obtain currency.
An empty cash register was stolen from one of the businesses, while a small amount of currency was stolen from the other business.
Flossmoor officers are working with area law enforcement partners and business owners to deter future incidents. Police will continue to provide increased patrols throughout the community and areas of vulnerability.
Business owners and community stakeholders should:
- Refrain from leaving any large amounts of currency inside the establishment.
- Make sure surveillance equipment is in good-working order.
- Familiarize employees on how to operate surveillance cameras and playback features.
- Arm your security alarm system upon closing time.
- Store extra keys at an off-site location and update all security passcodes.
Police encourage anyone with information of a crime to call 911 immediately. Do not engage an offender if you witness a crime in progress.
Anyone with information pertaining to these incidents, can contact the Flossmoor Police Department at 708-957-4500.