The Homewood Police Department and ECOM emergency dispatch center could relocate under one roof, depending on the results of a feasibility study under consideration by the Board of Trustees.
At the Tuesday, July 26, village board meeting, trustees will consider hiring a consultant to assess the feasibility of relocating the two public safety agencies to 1221 W. 175th St., a building the village purchased earlier this year. The police department is currently located at 17950 Dixie Highway, and the ECOM dispatch center is located at 1154 Ridge Road.
Homewood police and fire departments share a building north of village hall that was completed in 1968. Prior to that, both departments operated from village hall.
In other business, trustees will consider an early change to village zoning code, which is in the process of a comprehensive update. The change is designed to ensure that religious and non-religious gatherings are treated the same in order to comply with the federal Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Person Act of 2000 (RLUIPA).
Trustees will also consider:
- A special use permit for Simply Massage the Wellness Center LLC to operate a salon/spa establishment at 18036 Gottschalk Ave.
- An intergovernmental agreement with the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority to purchase a portion of 174th Street.
- A budget amendment of $13,000 and a $37,419 contract with Stanard & Associates Inc. of Chicago to provide testing services for police and fire hiring and promotion lists.
- Renewal of a Class 6b Cook County tax classification for Prairie Properties at 17730 Hoffman Way. The designation was first approved in 2000. This would be the second renewal.
- An ordinance amending the zoning code to allow the operation of a veterinary clinic in the B-4 Shopping Center District as a special use and a special use permit for Petco to develop a veterinary clinic in its store at 17930 Halsted St.
- Authorizing the purchase of a new ambulance for $380,000 to replace a 2015 model.
- The meeting will start at 7 p.m. in the village hall board room, 2020 Chestnut Road.
The meeting also can be attended remotely by visiting https://zoom.us. Select: “join a meeting” from the menu at the top right of the page. Use meeting ID 980 4907 6232 and password 830183. To listen to the meeting via phone, dial 312-626-6799 and login with the above ID and password followed by #.
In addition to public comment opportunities during the meeting, residents can send their views to [email protected] or by placing written comments in the drop box outside village hall. Any comments submitted before 4 p.m. on the meeting date will be distributed to all trustees prior to the meeting.