As we face the snowy season, the villages of Homewood and Flossmoor remind residents of rules and tips to keep local roadways safe. Both villages prohibit parking on streets after a snowfall of 2 inches or more. Vehicles that don’t move risk being cited or towed.
• Do not attempt to get the attention of plow operators, even when they are stopped
• Shovel driveway aprons after roadways are cleared
• Do not push snow into or across the street
• Clear sidewalks adjacent to your property
• Keep fire hydrants clear of snow
Contact Homewood Police Department or Flossmoor Public Works non-emergency numbers with questions.