Five Homewood-Flossmoor High School students won eight awards in the annual IHSA Journalism Sectional.
Winners in the virtual competition, held April 10 were:
- Emma Murphy won first place in newspaper design and third place in headline writing.
- Faith Lee won second place in feature writing and fifth place in copy editing.
- Charlotte McManus won third place in editorial writing.
- Joe Sullivan won fourth place in news writing and fifth place in sports writing.
- Anna Keigher won sixth place in review writing.
You have reached content available exclusively to Homewood-Flossmoor Chronicle digital subscribers.