Flossmoor trustees will be asked at their meeting at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 8, to ratify additional costs incurred during a storm sewer cleaning and televising project in several flood-prone areas.
The meeting has been moved from Monday to Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday.
Public Works Director John Brunke noted in a memo to Village Manager Bridget Wachtel that the contractor for the project encountered heavy debris and sediment in several places that had to be removed to ensure the sewers could operate at capacity. The additional work incurred more costs than originally planned.
In other business, the board will be asked to:
- Approve the purchase of two lifts used for vehicle maintance to replace aging equipment.
- Review the quarterly report on strategic plan implementation.
- Consider appointments to the Green Commission, Plan Commission and Community Relations Commission.
- Consider a request to replace portable police radios.
- Consider a motion to approve tag days for Knights of Columbus on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 18 and 19.
- Consider a motion to approve tag days for Girls Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana for Jan. 1 through 17.
- Consider a resolution designating Sept. 17 through 23 as Constitution Week.
- Consider a motion to go into closed session to discuss the employment of specific individuals, property acquisition and litigation.
The meeting will be conducted in-person and remotely via Webex. The public can monitor the meeting by dialing 1-408-418-9388. The access code is 126 208 7051 and the password 60422.
Anyone who attends in-person will be required to wear a face covering. Temperature screenings will be conducted, and anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be asked to leave.
Capacity of the board room is limited to 50 people.
Public participation will be permitted only during the citizen comment portion of the agenda. Members of the public can comment on agenda items by sending email to [email protected]. Comments received by 6 p.m. on Tuesday will be read at the meeting.