The amendment is on the meeting agenda for Tuesday, March 13. It is required to account for the demolition of the existing building and construction of two restaurant buildings.
GMX Midland Homewood II LLC is preparing to add a Chick-fil-A restaurant and a Panera Bread Company restaurant on the site currently occupied by a mostly vacant bank and office building.
The board will also consider a special use permit request from Latrese Fenton, who hopes to open her escape room business, Time Quest, at 18205 Dixie Highway. Time Quest currently operates at 19730 Governors Highway in Flossmoor.
Time Quest is considered an indoor amusement, which requires a special use permit in the central business district.
In other business, the board will consider:
- A $42,600 contract for LED street light installation.
- Appropriating $24,000 of Motor Fuel Tax money for street resurfacing projects.
- A $23,100 contract for the development of a request for proposals to replace the village’s financial software.
- A contract for up to $25,000 for one full-time and two part-time firefighter recruitment and testing processes.
- Annual reports from the Appearance Commission and the Foreign Fire Tax Insurance Board.
- Chick-fil-A, Panera coming to Halsted location in Homewood (Feb. 19, 2018)
- Land off Halsted in Homewood sold to developers, parcel donated to IDOT (Sept. 17, 2017)