The Homewood-Flossmoor Park Board of Commissioners welcomed six volunteers to serve on the Park District Advisory Committee and the Senior Advisory Committee.
Nine persons serve on the Park District Advisory Committee, which meets each month to offer program suggestions and other information the park district commissioners and parks’ staff can use to improve recreational programs and facilities.
New members are:
- Joan MacKinnon of Homewood, a retired teacher who has volunteered with various organizations over her 32 years in the community, including Girl Scouts, Homewood School District 153 and Glenwood Junior Women’s Club.
- Cari Anderson has lived in Flossmoor for 20 years. She volunteers with Flossmoor Softball & Baseball and is a member of the H-F Park District Racquet & Fitness Club and a volunteer for the park district’s Park Pride event.
- Sybil Baxa of Flossmoor has lived in the community a little more than two years. She has her children enrolled in park district swim lessons, after school programs and Irons Oaks activities.
- Sally Parker-Johnson has been a Homewood resident for 60 years. She has volunteered over the years for various organizations, and she and her children have enjoyed park activities.
- Noreen Danadio has lived in Homewood nearly 40 years. She is a volunteer at Brookfield Zoo and at Homewood’s Willow School. She is a member of the H-F Racquet & Fitness Club and Lions Club pool, and her husband enjoys the Coyote Run Golf Course.
Their terms are open-ended.
Beverly White is joining the Senior Advisory Committee. A retired insurance representative, she has lived in Homewood the past year and has become a volunteer serving meals at the weekly senior “Let’s Do Lunch” program. She enjoys the senior trip programs, including Lunch Safari. She will serve a two-year term through December 2019.