Six students have qualified to represent Homewood-Flossmoor High School at the DECA International Career Development Conference in California.
These students will be participating in the international meet after winning top honors in state competition in March:
- David Meehan, first place in restaurant and food service management
- Eric Hagerman, second place, principles of hospitality and tourism
- Joan Coderre, third place, hotel and lodging management
- Micah Moore and Shane Hogan, fourth place, sports and entertainment team decision making
Joey Greenebaum, who qualified for the international program with a second place win in sports and entertainment ― individual category, has a prior commitment that will keep him from attending.
The conference is expected to draw more than 18,000 students and their advisors and corporate leaders. H-F students will be in competition in specific categories, and will also attend sessions with business leaders.
H-F business and technology education teacher and DECA sponsor Michael O’Neill said his DECA members have demonstrated their college and career-ready knowledge and skills in marketing, finance, hospitality, management and entrepreneurship.
H-F had several other students who were recognized among the Top 10 in state competition:
- Olivia Bergeron, Emma Brown and Joan Coderre in the Community Service Written Event category
- Olivia Drwiega, Anna Lane and Mekhi Baclig in the International Business Plan Written Event category
H-F had 51 students in the state competition March 9, 10 and 11 in Rosemont, Ill., who won either first, second or third place honors as individuals or as teams. The students entered a wide range of categories for judging. State winners were:
First Place Team Finishers:
- Olivia Bergeron and Emma Brown ― Travel and Tourism
- Olivia Drweiga and Anna Lane ― Hospitality Services
- Mekhi Baclig and Henry Van Etten ― Financial Services
- Shane Hogan and Micha Moore ― Sports and Entertainment
- Tylon Ross and Grace Sowacke ― Marketing Management.
First Place Individual Finishers:
- Nico Adams ― Priciples of Finance
- Eric Hagerman ― Principles of Hospitality
- Josie Bachus ― Apparel and Accesories Marketing;
- John Weeks ― Business Finance
- Glynnis McManamy ― Food Marketing
- Joey Humphrey ― Quick Serve Restaurant Management
- Sally Pauss ― Restaurant and Food Service Management
- Joey Greenebaum ― Sports and Entertainment Marketing.
Second Place Team Finishers:
- Delaney Herkert and Lauren Parker ― Business Law and Ethics
- Grace Elfner and Sydney Duntz ― Buying and Merchandising Team Decision Making.
Second Place Individual Finishers:
- Eric Hunter ― Principles of Finance
- Lilly Donkel ― Principles of Marketing
- Ethan Richert ― Business Finance
- Jorden Levine ― Business Services Marketing
- Joan Coderre ― Hotel and Lodging Management
- Alyssa Agrigento ― Quick Serve Restaurant Management
- David Meehan ― Restaurant Food Service Management
- Jimmy Humphrey ― Personal Financial Literacy.
Third Place Team Finishers:
- Emily Robertson and Brianna Hofsteadter ―Travel and Tourism
- Jack―Layden Mott and Wyatt Shipman ― Sports and Entertainment
- Meghan Dwyer and Summer Kane ― Marketing Management Team
- Theresa McGrath and Camryn Stasulas ― Buying and Merchandising.
Third Place Individual Finishers:
- Winston Pauling ― Principles of Business Management
- Gianmarco Petrelli ― Principles of Marketin
- Adekemi Kasali ― Principles of Finance
- Abigail Krakar ― Principles of Hospitality and Tourism
- Anna Thompson ― Principles of Marketing
- Bolu Ajanaku ― Accounting Applications
- Michael Singleton ― Accounting Applications
- Ian Stern ― Automotive Services Marketing
- James Steiner ― Human Resources Management
- Kweku Osei ― Hotel and Lodging Management
- Hayden Henry ― Marketing Communications
- Andrew Sline ― Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- David White ― Sports and Entertainment Marketing.