The Homewood-Flossmoor High School Foundation presented 14 scholarships at the May 20 honors convocation. The awards will help underwrite college expenses. The foundation manages and distributes the scholarship awards funded by families and friends or through special donations.
Most winners were chosen by a selection committee established by the Guidance Office. The award, the student recipient and the school they will attend follows:
- Elizabeth F. Barry Memorial Scholarship ($2,500) to Terez Hobson, Tulane University
- Elyse Bell Girls Golf Scholarship ($1,000) to Myranda Scott, Illinois State University
- Korean United Methodist Church Scholarship ($500 each) to Lindsay Hopson, Marquette University and Megan Shockley, St. Louis University
- Bruce Keene MVP Track Scholarship ($3,000) to Matt Simpson, undecided on his college choice
- Suzanne E. Nebendahl Girls Golf Scholarship ($500) to Brianna Roberts, Loyola University
- Flossmoor Service League Scholarship ($500 each) to Joanna Ladner, Ball State University; Lauren Minga, DePaul University; T’Amber Sherrod, Eastern Illinois University and Briana Thompson, the University of Missouri at Columbia
- H-F Class of 1960-1961 Scholarship ($1,500) to Matea Larrieu, the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Brian P. Miller Memorial Scholarship ($500) to Jeremy Osei, Carnegie Mellon University
- The Lowry Family Scholarship ($1,000 per year for four years) to Mikala Barrett, Ball State University
- Homewood-Flossmoor High School Parent Association Scholarship (HFPA) ($750 each) to Jacob Bostick, Northern Illinois University; Toluwalope Efunkoya, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Breon Henley, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University; Brianna Jordan, Clarke University; Aaliyah Sims, the University of Iowa; Justin Wilkerson, Ohio University
- The Kevin F. Maher Memorial Scholarship ($1,500 each) to Tinsha Thomas, the University of Illinois-Chicago and Denee Webster, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- The Kevin F. Maher Special Memorial Scholarship ($3,000 each year for two years) to Ian Harris, Prairie State College
- Friends of the H-F Library Annual Scholarship ($250) to Jayla Neely, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Scott Sims Memorial Water Polo Scholarship ($1,000) to Haden Santefort, The Ohio State University.