The two big-ticket items on the Homewood Board of Trustees agenda Tuesday, Feb. 10, are the 2015 street resurfacing program and renovations to Village Hall, totalling nearly $1 million.
The board will also consider an $80,000 contract with Global Studios to pursue a concept plan for the development of a community science center, to be located in the former Ryan’s Funeral Home.
Village Manager Jim Marino presented the renovation plan to the board in September, and the board approved it.
Marino said the renovations will help make village offices more efficient and more secure.
Bids for the construction work were opened Jan. 24, and staff is recommending the board accept the $402,300 bid from Frontier Constrution of Willowbrook.
The total budget for the project is $510,000. Phone and data relocation, plus furnishings and engineering fees are expected to be about $105,000.
Funding for the project will come from a $230,000 balance in the 1998 bond and $280,000 surplus in the village Intergovernmental Personnel Beneﬁt Cooperative fund.
Street resurfacing projects will cost about $470,000, with funding coming from the motor fuel tax.
Streets slated for improvements in 2015 include
- Alexander Terrace from Western Avenue to the cul-de-sac,
- Carson Drive from Riegel Road to Carson Coart,
- Lincoln Avenue from Spruce Road to the dead end,
- Vincennes from Pine Road to Dixie Highway,
- Gladville Avenue from Pine Road to Cedar Road,
- Jeffery Drive from Loomis Avenue to Jamie Lane,
- Spruce Road from Lincoln Avenue to Western Avenue and
- Terrace Road from Ashland Avenue to Carson Drive.
In other business, the board will consider
- Resolutions to approve closed session minutes from July through December 2014 and determining which minutes or portions of minutes from closed sessions that no longer need to remain confidential and
- Annual reports from the village Tree Committee, Ethics Comission and Appearance Commission.
The board meeting will start at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the board room at Village Hall, 2020 Chestnut Road.
Feb. 10 agenda
Contact Eric Crump at [email protected]